Cooperated social responsibility & core of value and benefits for Responsible Tourism
Himalayan Trails is always cares Responsible Business with Environment while Mannering trekking and tour program, first protection of the damaged environment is our most concern. We are responsive to protect and preserve nature what went before honor of our intimates to hand over the Nature and Culture wealth to next generation. Himalayan Trails as local company while our lives have orbits around the Valleys & Mountains, we aware of better amplified responsibility to protect and conserve these resources.
We are dedicated to minimizing negative impact on tourism and allow to “Leave No Terrace, “Take only photographs leave only footprints”. We bring Non-biodegradable items back and cook the food by LPG gas or kerosene during all our treks & Climbing, also at tea house trek we stay only where they use LPG gas or kerosene in the lodge.
We are also member of non-profit organization KEEP (Kathmandu Environmental Educational project), we are trained and organizing many Eco – Tourism Workshops’ in organizations to preserve the delicate environment and inhabitant culture the Himalayan of Nepal.
School project – Building at remote area
Himalayan Trails rebuild the school building and distributed the school dress for school children in Dolkha district a remote village at Sailung. Which helped by clients from Europe and right after the devastating Earthquake also, we distributed emergency shelter Tarpaulins and blankets at Sailung for locals.
We encouraged with local community of Sailung to participate on construction school building and actively involvement of moving forward local community located. Great opportunities on providing some school buildings to support their children benefits and capability to better education
What we believe to
- We believe that our filed staff and Porters are the main back Bone of the Company, because of them we successive our achievements of company and trips in Himalaya.
- Our filed staff and porters are permanent employed with clear terms and conditions for insurances, Gov. Scale wages, and limits load, accident/disability treatments and other necessities facilities.
- Ours field staff Guide, Assistant, Cook and porters are friendly, helpful and fitness for their duty will be determined.
- We look after them safety shelter, food, accommodations, equipment’s will be provided and it will be similar used by as clients.
- We will be provided those with full medical and evacuation insurance and will not paid off because of sickness or injury until they fully recovered.
- Carried food or luggage weights will be limited to 28 Kg per loads below 5000m and above 5000m 25kg including their personals.
- All our leaders and guides are Gov. License holder and First Aid trained Eco friendly.
- Child Labors are not acceptable.
If any porter got sick and requires sending him back then we never send back alone, always whit someone who understand the problem and speaks same mother toughs. We sent as much as needed financial support will be provided to sick person and assistant to covers their returns and treatment
Useful information while in Nepal
- Respect local customs, traditions, values and sentiments to help them protect local culture and preserve their pride.
- Respect for the local protocol earns you respect
- Refrain from giving money to children as it encourages begging
- Respect privacy and ask before taking photographs
- Respect environments and holy places
- let the Himalayas change you – Do not try to change Himalaya
- Protect the natural environment
- Leave the campsite cleaner than you found it
- Limit deforestation – Don’t make open camp fires
- Burn dry paper and packets in a safe place
- Keep local water sources clean and avoid using pollutants
- Plants should be left to flourish in their natural environment